Washing and Sterilization Technical Sales Consultant - West Coast (access the listing here)
Allentown is a leading global provider in Life Science solutions. In over 50 years of operation, we are proud to have played our part in heroic research that continues to save lives around the world every day. We earn the highest trust of the biomedical research community by providing critical services with integrity and care.
Better Built - an Allentown Company began in the 1950s in New York, manufacturing industrial washers. The company quickly developed a strong reputation for quality, durability, and trust within the scientific community over the years. Today, Northwestern Systems Corporation – a private equity owned company that is part of Allentown – continues to manufacture the high-quality and reliable Better Built line of washers, Sure-Vac material handling systems, Sure-Flo material handling systems, and Active Automation solutions.
Due to our accelerating growth, Allentown is seeking experienced enthusiastic sales professionals to expand well-established accounts as well as develop new business located within the West Coast area of the United States.
As a successful Washing and Sterilization Technical Sales-Consultant you will:
• Market and sell biomedical research equipment, with specific focus on Allentown’s washing and sterilization product lines, to universities, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, and bio-technology companies
• Through detailed product knowledge educate, conduct product demonstrations, and interact with end-users, supervisors, managers, directors and purchasing agents
• Establish relationships and educate Architects and Engineering Firms on biomedical research equipment solutions
• Develop a business plan with management for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual strategic sales objectives
• Service existing accounts as well as develop new business; always maintain appropriate sales activity levels
• Achieve and exceed revenue, profitability, and product mix sales goals
• Attend all local and national industry meetings
• Set up product demonstrations for end-users
• Facilitate presentations for prospective clients
• Complete sales activity reports, maintain customer contact database, proposals, sales order paperwork, installation assistance and product training
• Serve as a liaison between sales operations and the customer
• Complete installation assessments and perform equipment startups (as-needed)
• Generate pricing quotations and technical proposals per client quote requests, RFPs/RFQs, etc.
• Resides in the territory, with preference to the Southern California geographic area
• Minimum 2 – 4 years Sales Equipment or Managerial experience
• Independent minded with the ability to develop a territory business plan and sales strategy
• High level of professionalism accompanied with strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship building and polished interpersonal skills
• Team leadership and management skills
• Work experience must demonstrate the ability to develop new client relationships and serve existing accounts
• Background knowledge of washing and/or sterilization products preferred
• Performance management
• Lab Animal Science Industry and product knowledge preferred
• Skilled at Power Point Presentations with negotiations skills to a winning attitude
• Working knowledge of MS Office and associated application
• BS/BA degree
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability for overnight travel regionally
The Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Salary Range: $80K - $90K per year, plus commission programs
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurances
• Cell phone/expense reimbursement
• Hybrid work from home opportunities